Auto Post Thumbnail PRO is a plugin to generate Featured Image (AKA Post Thumbnail) from first image in a post or any custom post type content. The plugin will also create thumbnails from several popular Video services if it finds a Video embedded in the post.
Post Thumbnails is a theme feature introduced with Version 2.9 of Wordpress. It was quickly changed to Featured Images with Version 3.0. Post Thumbnail, now Featured Image, is an image that is chosen as the representative image for Posts. The display of this image is up to the theme. Most Modern themes now use featured images in a variety of ways.
This plugin DOES NOT extract thumbnails/featured image from custom field or anywhere else.
- Extracts the first Image or Video in post content and creates the featured image
- If no image found in post content, use the first attached image as featured image
- Existing Featured Images will not be changed
- Ability to provide default featured image to use if post content doesn’t have any image
- Generate thumbnails for Custom Post Types (Selectable)
- Generate thumbnails from external images
- Generate thumbnails from imported RSS feeds
- Generate featured images for old/legacy posts via a single click
- Setting to skip auto thumbnail generation right on the Post edit page
- Setting for smallest image to be considered as featured image
- Images inserted via most shortcodes also supported. eg: [gallery]
- Auto thumbnail generation for popular video sharing services – YouTube, Vimeo, Blip.tv, Justin.tv, DailyMotion and MetaCafe. Note: this plug will not work if the video code is an iframe
- Unlink Featured Images created by the plugin or all Featured Images
- Fully translatable, default.po has been provided
- Well supported with free updates