How to Update Theme and Plugins via FTP

Apanha

Staff member

Sep 29, 2016
To use this method you should have extracted the plugin/theme (we will talk about BeTheme in this case)

Make Backup first

1- Open FileZilla, or other ftp tool you have.
2- Login with your ftp login details
3- Navigate to your themes folder. In this case it will be public_html/wp-content/themes/. (there you will see all theme folders and BeTheme, don't open BeTheme theme folder)
4- Now upload the BeTheme folder you extracted before. Will ask you to Overwrite the files select "YES". (I always suggest to do this process 2 times so you can be sure the files uploaded 100%)
5- That's it.

You can do the same with the plugins at public_html/wp-content/plugins/.

I see many people uses the plugin Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades which will make the process faster. You can try and see.

Personally i don't prefer to use this plugin for 2 reasons:
1- This plugin it doesn't use the upgrade process,it deletes the plugin/theme first then install the new updated plugin/theme
2- Because of the first reason it may cause losing of settings or more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Community Posts

Public Zone Posts

About us

• NulledFire.com is one of the most comprehensive repositories under the terms of GPL (GNU General Public License v3.0 Free as in Freedom) that provides premium Plugins, Themes and PHP Scripts for testing purposes.
    We promote WP codes to the users globally so that you can check it before buying from the original developer/designer.

User Menu

NulledFire Statistics

Comments
Members
Latest member
rakfactory