As owner of an e-commerce, you should be aware of the new European rules about digital goods. In fact, the European Union has decided to apply the VAT of the country of the purchaser in the B2C sales (business to consumer). On the contrary, in the B2B sales (business to business), if a company has a valid VAT number, the purchase will not be charged by any VAT, otherwise the VAT to apply would be the same of the B2C sale.
Therefore, whether you have a European shop or not, you need a way to understand the origin of your customers.
In addition, YITH WooCommerce EU VAT makes a double check on the origin of your customers, just like requested by the new law: this process to apply the correct VAT implies a geolocalizing check of the customers, which will have to confirm of manually change their nation.
This is why YITH WooCommerce EU VAT is your secret weapon: it allows you to apply automatically the correct taxesdepending on your customers’ nation, without any other operation.
Moreover, the plugin will make a recap of the amount you have to pay monthly, freeing you from calculations and researches!
PREMIUM VERSION FEATURES
- All features of free version
- Exempt customers with valid VAT number
- Restrict purchases only for customers with valid VAT number
- Use geolocalization to verify the origin of the customers
- Request a confirmation in case of discordant details
- Store discordant details for possible complaint